Total Pageviews

Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday the 13th!

It just doesn't have that same scary ring to it as Friday the 13th, and I don't think anyone in a hockey mask is going to chase us around this morning. Never say never, but the odds are against it.

For many of you, Monday is scary enough and the dreaded beginning to the work week. I used to feel that way too, until someone asked me if I was willing to give up one seventh of my life to get rid of Mondays. Think about it this way; if your life expectancy is 77 years, you would be giving up 11 years of that.
Well, if you are going to put it that way I guess maybe Mondays are OK and I will just have to find a way to adjust my attitude. Yeah, that's what I thought too. So now I blame everything on Tuesdays!

I want to state that the comments and opinions posted here are my own and do not reflect any agreement or approval of the organizations to which I belong, specifically NASA/JPL/Caltech, American Mensa, Ltd, or the Reno Herpetological Society.

Hurricane Jessi and Sgt Mikki are bouncing off the walls this morning, full of energy and ready to take on the world, and then nap attack. Dogs are lucky that way, they can go from a full gallop to asleep in seconds, and back up and running when called upon. Humans are too full of why and what if. Don't get me wrong, dogs think and dream, they just don't care about anything past "now". It's good to be a dog who owns humans. You don't think that they own you? Answer this question; which one of you scoops the poop of the other? I thought so. Now go fetch the leash so they can take you for a walk!

I would like to have some input on when you, the reader, wants to have the weekly story released. Do you want it on Monday so you can peruse it during the week, or would you prefer it on the weekend when you presumably have the time to read it?

One request received was to know more about where I was born and raised.

I was born in Herlong, California at the Army base. The location was necessary due to the lack of military medical facilities in the Reno area. My father was in the Air Force stationed at Stead AFB.

I was raised in South Florida and there are many stories in the list about those days.

My senior year of high school we moved to Augusta, Georgia and I was educated in what the Old South really looked like. I did write about attending a cotillion and think that I may write another story soon.

I joined the Army from there and it was off to the races, moving all over the place.

As we progress along with this blog you will learn all about my life, where I was and what I did, so just have patience and you will get all the answers you want.


No comments:

Post a Comment